Teen Summer Reading Volunteers! Register HereWe need help on Wednesday mornings all summer!
Contact Jacob at email@example.com if you've got questions or need more information.
You can download the school-year volunteer application here or pick it up at the Youth Services desk.
Teen Volunteers Welcome
If you have hours you need to complete or just want to volunteer because you are bored at home—we’ve got some options for you. You must be 12 to 18 to volunteer at the library. To get started you'll need to pick up a volunteer application at the Youth Services desk or grab a volunteer application here! Volunteer applications must be approved before you can schedule hours. Make sure to contact Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
If you need to complete community services hours you can do so at the library.
School Required Community Service
Does your school require community service hours to graduate? You can do that at the library.
Volunteer Duties & Code of Conduct
Duties & Responsibilities
- Arrange and set up program areas, popping and bagging popcorn, setting out snacks or crafts
- Assist during children’s programs with various activities including crafts, games, and handing out snacks.
- Cleanup after programs: moving furniture, cleaning, etc.
- Preparing materials for craft activities: including tracing and cutting patterns
- Interacting with and assisting children, parents & guardians during craft activities
- Assisting staff with assembling bulletin boards & library decorations
- Some dusting, straightening shelves, etc.
Code of Conduct
- Standard rules apply no running, horseplay, or inappropriate language.
- Be polite and friendly to all patrons, staff members, and fellow volunteers.
- No cellphone use unless on break, or in case of emergencies.
- When you are volunteering please focus on the task assigned until it is complete.
- Friends and/or significant others should not be keeping you company during your scheduled volunteer hours.
- If you are unable to make it in when you are scheduled please call the library and let us know as soon as possible.
- Refer to your task list at the beginning of each shift and after completing a task.
- If you fail to follow the code of conduct you will lose the opportunity to volunteer at the library.
- If you have any problems or questions find a staff member.