Welcome to the Library of Things! There's so much to explore: cake pans, games to enjoy in the backyard or on a camping trip, trendy gadgets like FitBit bracelets and Instant Pots, specialty craft tools and much more.
Book a "Thing" today on our reservation hub! For more information about our Library of Things kits or for help reserving a kit, please contact Amanda at (541) 882-8894 ext. 15 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library of Things Policies:
- Only adult library accounts can check out Library of Things kits.
- You may only check out 2 Library of Things kits at a time.
- Before checking out a Library of Things kit, you must fill out the Library of Things User Agreement and return it in person to library staff (even if you've already signed the previous Equipment Borrowing Agreement).
- Library of Things kits may only be returned in person to a staff member. Please do not return Library of Things kits to the bookdrops.
- Most Library of Things kits check out for 7 days and are not renewable.
- Overdue fees are $1 per day for all Library of Things kits.
- The library will charge replacement fees for the cost of the kit after a kit is one week overdue.
- Library accounts can lose the ability to check out all Library of Things kits if:
- An item is returned dirty, broken, or stolen
- A kit is returned late twice
- A kit is returned in the book drop more than once
Connected Devices for Checkout:
We have Kindle tablets, Chromebooks, Wi-Fi Hotspots and other devices that you may check out. These items are included in the Library of Things, and you need to sign the Library of Things User Agreement before borrowing, but you don't need to use our Library of Things reservation system to reserve them. You may place them on hold or check them out like regular library items.
Kindle Fire HD 8-inch and Kindle Fire HD 10-inch tablets (check out for 21 days)
Chromebooks (check out for 7 days)
Portable Wi-Fi Hotspots (check out for 21 days)
Roku Kits (check out for 21 days)